Maharashtra Cooperative Development Corporation Limited was incorporated under Companies Act, 1956 by the State Government in year 2000. It is registered and having its head quartered in Pune. It is incorporated as NBFC under the loan company class category. It is fully owned by GOM having Authorised Share capital of Rs. 100 Cr. The current corpus fund of MCDC is Rs. 11.00 Cr. The objectives of MCDC are as under:
· Operate as a Loan Company Class (NBFC) – Term Loan, Soft Loan, Bridge Loan, working capital etc. to the co-operative organisation in Maharashtra.
· Raise funds from State Government and other sources like ADB, WB, NABARD and other financial institutions for its objects.
· To provide techno-economic and administrative consultancy and assistance to co-operative, FPC & SHGs
· Organize specialized training and capacity building programme for FPC , Co-operative, SHGs, Entrepreneurs & Agriculture Export Aspirants.
New Proposed Initiatives
· Financing to Agribusiness, Cooperatives & FPCs.
· Advisory for Agribusiness, Cooperatives, FPCs & entrepreneurs of Agri Business activities.
· Skill Development in Agribusiness & Cooperatives.
· Financing by way of Loans or Equity to the Projects in above related areas up to the project cost of 50 lakh.
· Setting up of a Venture Capital Fund to support start-ups in agribusiness and co-operatives segment.
· Support to Agro Based enterprises in forward & backward linkages in Marketing & Financial areas.